For oven general use/cleaning tips, refer to the suggestions below for step-by-step instructions.
- Do not use a water bath in the oven
- Food should never be kept in the oven when the appliance is switched off
- Do not put food or dishes directly at the bottom of the oven
- Never use the door as a storage surface
Oven liners will collect debris and typically spit fat from cooking food. Also, salt, vinegar, fruit acid, as well as highly alkaline vegetables, When they are heated and cooked, will produce vapours which settle on the surfaces inside the oven, on the enamel, the glass panels and the accessories.
It is important that the oven be thoroughly ventilated when cooking is completed so that these substances do not remain inside and damage the enamel.
If the oven is not ventilated regularly, the enamel will eventually start to rust.
To avoid this, leave the oven door in the ventilation position for 2-3 hours after switching it off.
Clean the oven regularly. It is significant not only for hygiene reasons but also to help keep the appliance and the accessories in peak condition.
Enamel Liners - Extra smooth surface designed to be easier to clean if cleaned regularly.
- Select an oven cleaner suitable for household appliances and follow the instructions on the bottle.
- We recommend using our manufacturer-approved Oven cleaner, which can be found in our online shop.
Select buy Spare Parts and Accessories below.
Warning: Do not use sharp objects or abrasive substances for cleaning.
Catalytic enamel - Self Cleaning liners (rough sides):
These liners absorb grease which is oxidised when the oven is set to clean. You can achieve a catalytic clean by:
- Set the oven to 200oC and let it stand for 1.5 hours.
- Switch off the appliance and let it cool down.
- If leftover grease remains inside the oven, use a mild dishwashing detergent with a soft brush.
- Repeat the treatment several times, if necessary.
Pyrolytic - Self Cleaning oven cavity - Also has enamel liners.
This feature is available on some single-integrated ovens. If you have the pyrolytic programme, this will be indicated as a function on your oven with an icon similar to this. Please refer to your user instructions to see if your oven has this function.
Pyrolytic ovens do not require any other chemical cleaners.
- Select a pyrolytic program appropriate for the level of grime in the oven.
- Refer to the user manual for further instructions.
- Download the user manual.