- Condensation/moisture in the refrigerator compartment of the fridge-freezer or in the refrigerator
- Freestanding Fridge Freezer
- Freestanding Refrigerator
1. Check the temperature setting:
Incorrect temperature settings can lead to condensation in the appliance. Check the recommended setting in your user manual.
2. Check where the appliance is located:
- Always keep the appliance away from direct sunlight
- Leave enough space around the appliance for proper air circulation
- Do not keep the appliance directly in front of an air conditioner or fan
- Appliances in close proximity to a condenser dryer may be affected by the heat and moisture generated by that appliance
3. Advice for food placement:
- Do not place hot food inside the refrigerator. Wait until it cools to room temperature before placing it into the appliance.
- Store food in an organised way to ensure sufficient air circulation in the appliance. We recommend keeping food from the back wall, this can increase condensation and cause fruit and vegetables to spoil.
- It is recommended to keep food in covered storage bins.
4. Avoid covering shelves and drawers as these covers may block air circulation inside the appliance.
5. Try to avoid too frequent opening of the refrigerator door.
6. Try to avoid having the door opened for a too long time (e.g. when loading the weekly shopping or if keeping the door open when preparing food.)
7. Always check that the refrigerator door is closed properly to ensure that warm air does not enter the appliance (e.g. check the condition of the door gasket).
If this article doesn't answer your question, you can book a repair online or call or chat with our team.
Let us know what information is missing by using the feedback feature below.