- The dishwasher leaves a white residue on dishes and cutlery
- Why do I get white residue on my utensils in the dishwasher?
- Poor cleaning results in dishwasher
The cause of this could be limescale or salt. If the residue can easily be wiped off with a finger, it is likely too much salt.
If the residue is difficult to remove and comes off with vinegar, it is likely limescale (hard water build-up).
How to clean hard water build-up in dishwasher & adjust hardness level
If there is too much salt in the water of your machine, please refer to the article Dishwasher salt consumption is too high for advice on how much salt your machine needs.
The purpose of salt in your dishwasher is to soften the water, if you are not refilling your salt then the water will be hard and this will leave residue on your dishes. If you live in a hard water area, you may need to add salt and rinse aid with multi-tabs / "3 in 1" to achieve good dishwashing results. Below is a video advising on how to refill your dishwasher salt.
What is dishwasher salt and how do you use it?
- Unscrew the cap for the salt container, this will be located at the bottom of the machine cavity on the left-hand side.
- Using the funnel that comes with your dishwasher, pour the salt into the container until full.
- Screw the cap back on and wipe up any excess salt that may have been spilt.
- Run a short cycle with the dishwasher empty to rinse away any leftover salt and avoid corrosion.
Rinse aid is recommended also, this helps with drying and protects glasses from marks. Below is a video advising on how and when to refill your rinse aid.
Easy guide on how to use rinse aid for your dishwasher
Use a dishwasher descaler once every two months or 60 cycles. It prevents the limescale from depositing on the heater.
Follow carefully the instructions on the packaging of the product. We recommend specialized maintenance detergents available from our Webshop.
How to use your dishwasher Machine Care programme
For recommended salt, rinse aid and descaler for your dishwasher, CLICK HERE
If the issue persists, please contact our customer care team.