- The Auto Cleaning indicator ("Machine Care") lights up on the dishwasher
- How to use the Auto-Cleaning programme?
- What is the dishwasher Machine Care program?
- Why does the Auto Cleaning (Machine Care) light come on?
- Freestanding dishwasher
- Built-in dishwasher
Machine Care is a programme designed to clean the appliance interior with optimal results. It removes limescale and grease buildup
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THE REGULAR FILTERS AND SPRAY ARMS CLEANING
The remainder of this cleaning program is determined automatically by the dishwasher.
When the appliance detects the need for cleaning, the indicator “Machine Care” lights up.
Proceed as follows:
1. First, clean the filters and spray arms. Refer to the user manual or instructional videos for detailed guidance.
Dishwasher - cleaning the filter
Dishwasher - cleaning the spray arms
2. Use a descaler or a cleaning product designed specifically for dishwashers (available on our Webshop).
3. Follow the instructions on the packaging. Do not put dishes in the baskets
4. Press and hold simultaneously ("ExtraPower") and ("AUTO Sense") for approximately 3 seconds: the indicators (Auto Cleaning) and (“ExtraPower”) flash. The display shows the programme duration
5. Close the appliance door to start the programme.
6. When the programme is complete, the indicator is off.
Tips for saving energy at home when using your dishwasher
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your dishwasher
- Use the ECO program when dishwashing. It takes a bit longer, but the dishwasher doesn’t have to work as hard, which means it uses less energy. Compare it to if you run or walk 1km. Running is faster but you need to use a lot more energy. If you walk instead it takes longer, but you use much less energy. The same logic goes for the ECO program
- If you have an hourly electricity rate, do the dishes when the price is at its lowest
- If you have an old dishwasher, it will have a low energy class – you can save energy just by replacing it with a new one
See other helpful tips to save energy and money